Friday, May 9, 2014

Shepherd's Pie


How have I managed to go 25 years and have never eaten shepherd's pie? I wasn't even 100% certain what shepherd's pie was. So I did a little googling and Pinterest searching in an attempt to find the easiest recipe I could.

It's a simple, all in one meal that might just become one of the staples on our supper table.


The original recipe from Kraft can be found here.

Shepherd's Pie


Cooking Ingredients:

4 small potatoes
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 lb ground beef
2 tbsp flour
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can small peas, drained
1 can sliced carrots, drained
1/2 cup beef broth
2 tbsp ketchup
pinch of shredded cheese

Cooking Directions:

1. Peel potatoes and cut into fourths. Cover with water and boil potatoes and garlic for 20 minutes or until tender.

2. Brown ground beef. Add flour and cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Add vegetables, broth and ketchup and cook for 5 minutes. Spoon into 9 1/2 inch pie dish.

3. Mash potatoes. (I think I make my mashed potatoes differently every time I make them. This time I added in a few tablespoons of greek yogurt and butter). Spoon mashed potatoes on top of the pie dish.

4. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.

5. Feed this to your man and he will be one happy camper.






No comments:

Post a Comment