Thursday, April 10, 2014

Organic Fudge Brownies… From a Box

The hardest part about going off processed foods? The simplicity of baking from a box.

While strolling the isles of my local Aldi picking up this week's groceries I came across a little unassuming box of brownie mix. No big deal right? I almost kept on walking until I noticed the little green leaf in the upper left hand corner that said: Organic.

My interest was peaked, naturally. How can you have "organic" brownies… from a box? So I pulled my buggy over and checked out the ingredients label. "Organic sugar, organic wheat flour, organic cocoa, cocoa powder, organic vanilla flavor, salt, baking powder (sodium acid, pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate)." Wow, I thought, I can pronounce everything on the label and I actually know what it is!



So, for $2.99 I grabbed myself a box and hurried home to try out my "Organic Fudge Brownie Mix".

Ladies and gentlemen, they taste delicious! And why should that be surprising? After all real food is delicious, way more so than stuffing yourself on a ton of chemicals and preservatives.

Consider this a public service announcement: get yourself to Aldi and buy a box of organic brownie mix. Your tastebuds can thank me later.


No comments:

Post a Comment