Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pan Fried Tilapia

In the mood for fried fish, but don't want the hassle and grease of deep frying? I love the crunchy texture of fried food, but hate the greasy mess. My cooking life was changed for the better when I discovered pan frying. Way less oil, same great taste!




Pan Fried Tilapia

Cooking Ingredients:

2 tilapia fillets
2 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs milk
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tbs cut oats (to add that crunchy texture, for a less healthy option try crushed corn flakes)
1 tsp seasoned salt (I prefer Tony's)
2 tbs olive oil
*(side note: when cooking one of my own creations I don't really measure things, which makes it hard to share the recipe with others - oops - so these measurements are approximations)*

Cooking Directions:

1. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Marinate fillets in soy sauce and milk while oil is heating.

2. Combine bread crumbs, oats, and seasoned salt in a plastic bag. One at a time, place fillets in the bag and shake to cover with the mixture.

3. Cook the fillets on the stove until golden brown on both sides (about 5 minutes each side, depending on how thick your fillets are).



P.S. For my asparagus recipe hop on over to The Pioneer Woman here. Super simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment