Thursday, May 22, 2014

Banana Muffins

I would like to start this post by thanking Sheri Neiman for nurturing my love for homemade bread by providing plenty of it whenever I came into her home during my babysitting years with her beautiful family. I have since decided that homemade bread will be a staple in my own home. With that being said, here's a simple recipe for muffins using freshly milled flour that I stumbled upon in my new adventure with making my own bread.



Banana Muffins

from the Bread Beckers Inc Recipe Collection

Cooking Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups freshly milled flour (hard red)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 mashed bananas
1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup regular milk + 1 tbsp vinegar)
1 egg
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1/4 - 1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Cooking Directions:

1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add in liquid ingredients and mix just until blended.

2. Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.

I only used two bananas which give a subtle banana flavor (the hubs doesn't like anything that isn't a banana to taste too much like a banana). These make for a great addition to a morning meal of bacon and eggs or are great as a quick breakfast on the go all by themselves.




By the way, anyone use Calphalon baking pans? I love my stove top pots and pans, but their baking pans always turn the bottom of muffins/cookies black.



So, thank you to Sheri for growing my love of homemade bread, and thank you to my sweet friend Abby (Becker) Page for hooking me up with everything I needed to get started at Bread Beckers! I look forward to plenty more fresh bread in my future (plus it makes the house smell delicious!).

UPDATE: I've made these now adding 1/8 cup of chopped almonds and they are perfect. Even better, add a handful of chocolate chips too for complete yummy goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment