Monday, March 5, 2012

Creamy Taco Pasta

Let me first just say, I would loose my head if it wasn't attached. Seriously! I got a much needed new pan for Christmas that I was SO excited about... and then left it in Georgia! For the past two months, every time I've cooked something all I could think about was how much easier it would be if I had that darn pan. So on a quick weekend treck up to the home state I made sure that I came back to the swamp with my pan. And the other night I finally got to break it in.

I was about to prepare supper for the night with a recipe for a taco pasta I had found on Pinterest and realized that I had already tried it. And while it was good, it was lacking a little something. Not wanting to make the same mistake again I started searching for similar dishes with the ingredients I had on hand. And what I came up with was a little conglomeration of all the different ones I read.

Creamy Taco Pasta

Cooking Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
2 cups uncooked pasta (I used Rotini but any small pasta will work)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup heavy cream
finely shredded cheddar cheese

Cooking Directions:
1. Brown meat in a large skillet while cooking pasta according to package directions.

2. Add taco seasoning to meat (if you like it a little 'saucier' add 1/4 cup of water too). Add in cream cheese, sour cream and salsa. Allow the cream cheese to melt and stir all ingredients together.

3. Drain pasta and add to meat. Stir in 1/4 cup cream.

4. Serve topped with cheese.


Two great things about this meal. 1. It only takes about 20 minutes to make. 2. It only uses two dishes! It is super yummy and made for great left overs for lunch the next day. And if you love your cheese (like the hubs and I both do) you can sprinkle some in when you add the pasta in addition to topping it off when served.

Oh, and yes, my new pan performed wonderfully! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment