Thursday, August 18, 2011

Introduction

After being married for only a year and a half I have found myself in a horrible place. I've gotten lazy in the kitchen!

The hubs works hard out in the sun and heat every day, and I'm sure to have a hot meal waitin' on him whenever he walks through the door. The problem is, those meals are becoming more and more predictable. It goes something like this:

hamburger mac and cheese casserole one night

chicken alfredo, usually on Thursday

spaghetti and least one night a week

and grilled chicken with green beans pretty much every other night

Not a bad assortment, I guess, but week after week after week... yeah, it's become a little too predictable and consequently my taste buds are bored. Hence, my new blog here.

I am making a promise to myself to cook - at least - one never before tried recipe a week. I will post them here as a way to keep myself accountable. I'm going to try a variety of cookbooks and some times it will be an entire meal while other times it may just be a dessert.

So stay tuned for what are bound to be some interestingly delectable fiascos from this newlywed's kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment